When you can post:
The inital post was made at 2:39 PM EDT last Friday, so at precisely 2:39 P.M. EDT on Friday, July 20th is when you can post your stuff. EDT means EDT (North Atlantic). I'll send a reminder post right before to let you know it's time. Here's a handy dandy time zone converter to figure out when this is happening on an internet near you.
How to post:
1. Respond in a comment to the prompt you are filling.
2. Make sure to label your submission in the subject line with the type of fanwork (fic/icon/artwork/vid/fanmix/etc.) + the title. For example:
"FIC: 5 Times Clint and Natasha Were Awesome Badass Asaassinpeople (and One Time They Were Extra-Awesome), rated: M, no warnings"
When filling in the subject line, you may need to view the comm in it's original style (if you don't already). Just make sure you can see a subject line when responding with your submission.
3. Be sure to leave ratings and warnings (if any) in the subject line. (See example above.) Help us out and make sure folks know what they're clicking on. Thoughtfulness = LOVE. <3333 If the ratings or the warnings won't fit in the subject line, just leave them at the top of your post.
4. Try and post the entire work in the comment (if it's short enough), or if not, post a link. I'm all about one-stop shopping whenever possible, so try and post in the main promptathon post if the length allows. Also, if it is too long to post in the promptathon post, consider posting the first section as a teaser and then a link (b/c that's alwasy fun too.) Either way, be sure to label your post in the subject line as described above (**points to rule #2**).
In addition, you can always post directly to the comm, but let's wait a couple of days first. I don't want to get flooded with new posts right out of the gate. For now, let's try and keep all of the action at the actual promptathon post. You can repost and archive and preserve for posterity's sake to you heart's content, but just not immediately, m'kay?
- A single prompt can be filled by more than one person, so no worries if a prompt you like already has a submission. We are all about moar submissions! The more the merrier!
- Be sure to wait until it's time to post. Early submissions will be deleted. (Patience is a virtue, grasshopper.)
- lar_laughsis still manning the Declicious site that's organizing all the prompts here which is great for reference.
- ashen_key has also created a gorgeous AO3 collection, so if you post over there too, be sure to tag your stuff! :D
Questions? Comments? Stuff I forgot? I'm so excited about this, y'all. So excited.